Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cancer Prevention From The Asbestos Cancer Victims' Rights Campaign

I received an email recently from the Asbestos Cancer Victims' Rights Campaign, asking if I wouldn't join them in spreading the word for National Cancer Prevention Month.  The Campaign is run by Susan Vento, an advocate for mesothelioma, a cancer caused by asbestos exposure.  Her husband, former U.S. congressman Bruce Vento, died of the disease.

The article I've been asked to share is a great piece, highlighting prevention and early detection as the key methods of avoiding a cancer diagnosis.  I couldn't agree more, and I'm happy to aid in Susan's message any way I can.  Because it's not only Susan's message, it's all of ours.  Here story belongs to many of us.  We've all had a husband, a father, a daughter, a sister struggle with or fall victim to cancer.  And it's about time we dealt with the problem head-on.

Take a look at the article here.  And please think about ways you can engage in cancer prevention too.

No comments:

Post a Comment